Help With Family,
Finances And The Future

Cherry Hill and Linwood Estate Planning Attorney

A Durable Power Of Attorney Allows Your Designated Representative To Manage Your Financial Affairs If You Become Incapacitated

South Jersey Estate Planning Attorney

Camden County, Gloucester County · Burlington County · Atlantic County · Cape May County · Salem County · Cumberland County · Ocean County

Every adult should have an estate plan in place — even those who are young and healthy. It is a way to provide loving guidance to those who care about you if you should die or become disabled. New Jersey probate law is simple — a few instruments ensure that your chosen representative, rather than a stranger, directs your health care and management of your property in the event you die or become incapacitated. At the Rice & Quattrone, PC, our estate planning lawyers help clients develop uniquely suitable plans.

Contact our Ocean City office to schedule a consultation with an attorney. In order to use this initial visit as effectively as possible, we ask that you prepare by printing out an estate plan questionnaire and bring the completed form with you to our meeting. At this initial visit, we will assess your situation and tell you exactly how much it will cost to provide you with a comprehensive estate plan. Documents we may recommend include the following:

A legal New Jersey or Pennsylvania will — Your will designates your personal representative/executor and directs the disposition of your property, heirlooms and keepsakes. An estate planning attorney from our firm will draft a will that clearly states your intent and is secure from will contests. If you have children, your will designates a guardian for the children in the event you are not able to care for them yourself.

A durable power of attorney A durable power of attorney allows your designated representative to manage your financial affairs if you become incapacitated.

A living will — A living will (advance health care directive) provides your medical providers and loved ones with direction regarding medical treatments such as life support or feeding tubes in the event you are not able to communicate your requests.

Trusts — Even if you have a modest income, your situation may indicate that you should establish a special needs trust or supplemental benefits trust for the care of a disabled child, a living trust which can offer privacy or an irrevocable trust to lessen your estate tax exposure.

Senior financial planning — as elder law attorneys, we are skilled at developing plans that maximize the financial independence of seniors even after Medicaid eligibility.

Estate planning attorneys at our elder law firm prepare wills, durable powers of attorney and living wills for the young and the old; and special needs trusts and supplemental needs trusts to preserve eligibility for public benefits for the elderly and the disabled. Parents of young children need to designate guardians in the event the parents die before the children attain the age of 18, and to create trusts so that life insurance proceeds, retirement plans and equity in residences is not distributed to their children on their 18th birthdays! If you realize a need to address your estate planning issues, consider contacting an experienced attorney who understands estate planning and treats clients as individuals. Contact the elder Rice & Quattrone, PC in either Cherry Hill or Linwood, New Jersey.