Pamela A. Quattrone
Pamela A. Quattrone, Esq., MBA, CELA is a Partner at Rice Elder Law. Pamela has been Certified as an Elder Law Attorney (CELA) by the National Elder Law Foundation and dedicates her practice to estate, tax and long-term care planning (particularly Medicaid planning), estate administration, guardianship, and litigation related to each of these areas. She works with individuals and their families to address asset-preservation issues and long-term care concerns that we all face at some time, whether for ourselves or those we love.
Pamela has experience drafting various estate planning instruments, including wills, various trusts, durable powers of attorney and advance directives for health care. She regularly assists clients with Medicaid planning and Medicaid applications before the County Boards of Social Services. She also represents executors, administrators and trustees with respect to the administration of estates and trusts, as well as fiduciaries, beneficiaries and interested parties with respect to accounting actions and other probate litigation matters. The following are examples of some of Pamela’s representative matters:
- Brought an action before the Burlington County Chancery Court to challenge disbursements made by a corporate trustee from a Special Needs Trust and obtained a favorable settlement for the trust.
- Represented the named beneficiary of a life insurance policy before the Federal District Court for the District of New Jersey in an interpleader action filed by the life insurance company as a result of an incorrectly submitted change of beneficiary form and obtained a favorable settlement for client.
- Brought an action for partition of estate assets in Atlantic County Chancery Court on behalf of the executor/beneficiary of an estate and negotiated a favorable settlement.
- Brought an action on behalf of an heir to an estate before the Cumberland County Chancery Court to challenge a transfer made by an alleged power of attorney before the death of the decedent, thereby improperly removing the asset from the decedent’s estate and making it unavailable for distribution to the decedent’s heirs; obtained favorable settlement for client.
- Represented beneficiaries, parents and legal guardians in actions before several Chancery Courts in New Jersey to remove trustees of various trusts, both with and without cause, and to modify specific terms of irrevocable trusts.
Pamela graduated with honors from Rowan University in 2004 with a Bachelors of Science degree in Finance and earned both her Juris Doctorate and Masters of Business Administration degrees from the University of Denver in 2007. During law school, Pamela was an editor for the Transportation Law Journal and an Honors Law Intern for the United States Securities and Exchange Commission’s Central Regional Office in Denver, Colorado. Prior to joining the Law Office of Nancy M. Rice, Pamela was an associate attorney at Blank Rome in Philadelphia.
- “Medicaid Planning & Caregiver Child Gift Penalty Exemption,” NJICLE, July 14, 2021.
- “Nuts & Bolts of Elder Law: Financing Long-Term Care in New Jersey,” NJICLE, May 2, 2020 and May 10, 2021.
- “How to do a Medicaid-Compliant Annuity for a Single Person,” NJICLE, April 22, 2021.
- “Practical Medicaid Planning” NJICLE, January 22, 2021.
- “Financing Long-Term Care,” Absecon Senior Center, August 22, 2019.
- “Understanding the Duty to Know the Beneficiary: Considerations for a Trustee Managing Special Needs and Discretionary Trusts,” NJICLE, April 29, 2019.
- “Practical Medicaid Planning: What Every Attorney Must Know About Medicaid Today,” NJICLE, October 29, 2018.
- “Practical Medicaid Planning – A Webinar,” NJICLE, April 19, 2018
- “Estate Planning Comes of Age: How Medicaid Will Change Estate Planning as We Know it,” NJICLE Summer CLEfest, August 12, 2016
- “Don’t Be a Victim: Identity Theft,” NJICLE Senior Law Day, April 22, 2016.
- “State & Federal Nursing Home Protections Against Involuntary Discharge,” NJICLE, March 22, 2016.
Areas Of Practice
- Estate Planning (Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Living Wills)
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Probate, Estate and Trust Litigation
- Special Needs Trusts
- Tax Planning
- Long-Term Care Planning & Nursing Home Matters
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Elder Law Attorney, National Elder Law Foundation, 2019
- New Jersey, 2008
- Pennsylvania, 2008
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2008
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- J.D. - 2007
- University of Denver Daniels College of Business
- M.B.A - 2007
- Rowan University
- B.S. - 2004
- Major: Finance
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Gloucester County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- New Jersey NAELA