- Associate Attorney
Sarah L. Cranston is an Associate Attorney at Rice & Quattrone, PC where she advises clients in the following areas of elder law:
- Planning for simple and complex estates, including the drafting of wills, durable powers of attorney, advanced medical directives, and trusts.
- Special needs trusts and their administration.
- Medicaid planning and applications.
- Estate administration, including intestacy proceedings, probate of Wills, marshaling estate assets and providing an inventory, preparation and filing of Federal Estate, and New Jersey and Pennsylvania inheritance tax returns, preparation of formal and informal estate accountings, and the final distribution of estate assets to the beneficiaries and heirs of the estate.
- Court applications for guardianship and other litigation in probate and general equity, including, but not limited to, accountings, breach of fiduciary duty actions, and trust modifications.
Sarah began her career in estates and trusts and elder and disability law at a local boutique firm before moving to the estates and trusts department of a reputable mid-size South Jersey firm, and now Rice & Quattrone, PC. In the ten years prior to becoming an attorney, Sarah worked in publishing and editing. She also taught as an adjunct instructor at Rowan College at Burlington County and Rowan College at Gloucester County.
Sarah earned her Juris Doctor at Rutgers School of Law in 2012. In law school, Sarah was a staff editor for the Rutgers Journal of Law and Public Policy, where her note was published in April 2012. After law school, Sarah served as a Superior Court Judicial Law Clerk in the Camden Vicinage for the Honorable Edward J. McBride, P.J. Cr.
Prior schooling includes earning a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Rhode Island and a Master of Arts from Rutgers University.
Areas Of Practice
- Estates & Trusts
- Estates & Trusts Litigation
- Elder & Disability Law
- New Jersey, 2012
- Pennsylvania, 2013
- Rutgers University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey
- J.D. - 2012
- Rutgers Graduate School, Liberal Arts
- M.A. - 2005
- Major: English
- University of Rhode Island
- B.A. - 1999
- Major: English
- Top Ten Myths in Elder Law, Society of Financial Service Providers, November 2021
- Planning and Using ABLE Accounts: Top Ten Things You Should Know, Camden County Bar Association, October 2021
- Estate Planning: What You Need To Know, Samaritan Health (2019, 2020)
- Special Needs Trusts and Public Benefits, Financial Service Professionals – South Jersey Chapter (November 2019)
- Transition to Adulthood, Autism Speaks Town Hall (March 2019)
Honors and Awards
- Named to Best Lawyers in America as “Ones to Watch” For Trusts and Estates, 2021 - 2022
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Society of Financial Service Providers
- New Jersey State Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Camden Vicinage for the Honorable Edward J. McBride, P.J. Cr., Superior Court Judicial Law Clerk
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Service Pro Bono Project
- Christ Episcopal Church, Woodbury, NJ
- Vestry, Junior Warden
- Sunday School Teacher